PCA SKIN® PROFESSIONAL PEELS Over two decades ago, PCA SKIN® developed dermatologist-approved solutions to dramatically enhance the skin's health and appearance. Whether you are trying to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, improve the texture of your skin, even out skin discoloration, reduce redness, or clear acneic or blemished skin, PCA SKIN® has a treatment that is right for you. Initial consultation required for all PCA SKIN® peels.
PCA Peel® Hydroquinone-Free or with Hydroquinone $125 - This enhanced Jessner's light depth peel formula, effectively exfoliates and brightens with blends of lactic (14%), citric and salicylic (14%) acids, while promoting an even skin tone with kojic acid. Helps encourage a clear complexion and softens the appearance of lines to provide a more even and smooth skin texture. Price includes Post-Procedure Solution Kit. 30 minutes
ACNE, HYPERPIGMENTATION, OILY, THICK, RESILIENT
PCA Peel® Hydroquinone & Resorcinol $125 - Most active of the PCA Peel® formulas, this peel will even skin tone, provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. Effective for improving active acne and highly sun-damaged, thickened skin. Price includes Post-Procedure Solution Kit. 30 minutes
SENSITIVE, ETHNIC SKINS, FIRST-TIME PEEL CLIENT
Sensi Peel® $125 - Formulated for all skin types. This gentle 6% TCA and 12% lactic acid solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while helping to promote an even skin tone. Also provides anti-inflammatory, anti-acne and anti-bacterial action. Price includes Post-Procedure Solution Kit. 30 minutes
ANTI-AGING, HYPERPIGMENTATION, SENSITIVE
Ultra Peel® I $125 - This specially formulated 10% TCA and 20% lactic acid solution treats dehydrated, menopausal and maturing skin. Helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, promotes an even skin tone and even complexion. Price includes Post-Procedure Solution Kit. 30 minutes
ALL SKIN TYPES
Smoothing Body Peel $125 and up - Formulated with potent yet skin-friendly ingredients that will even discoloration while smoothing and brightening the skin. Excellent choice for treating rough, dehydrated, sun-damaged or acne skin. PCA SKIN® Body Therapy Lotion is highly recommended for home use to boost results, followed by application of Perfecting Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30 or alternative PCA SKIN® broad spectrum SPF product. Approximately 30 minutes
PCA SKIN® ADD-ON'S
Pre-Peel Accelerator Mask $10 - Provides nourishing ingredients, softens and hydrates the skin's surface. Recommended for advanced peeling treatments.
Retinol Booster $10 - This advanced hydrating booster plumps, hydrates and moisturizes aging skin. Retinol content helps increase cell turnover and keeps skin looking fresh. Vitamin C strengthens the skin by helping to increase the skin's collagen and elastin network, leaving the skin toned and bright.
Clarifying: Therapeutic 20% Salicylic Acid Mask $10 - Clears breakout-prone skin, brightens dull complexions and refines the skin texture. Recommended for advanced peeling treatments.
Preparation for a Peel Treatment
You will be having a light peel treatment on the day of your appointment. Please follow the outline below to prepare.
- Use of PCA SKIN® daily care products prior to your peel will prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. This is recommended but not mandatory. Please consult your skin care clinician for appropriate recommendations for your skin type and condition.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
- For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use PCA SKIN daily care products 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you are lactating, pregnant or may be pregnant, only Oxygenating Trio or Detox Ge Deep Pore Treatment is appropriate. Consult your OB/GYN before receiving any treatment.
- Do not go to a tanning bed three weeks prior to treatment. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- It is recommended that extended sun exposure be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to treatment.
- It is recommended to delay use of trentinoin, Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®, Tazorac®, Avage®, EpiDuo™, Ziana® and high-percentage AHA and BHA products for approximately five days prior to treatment. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
PCA SKIN superficial peels result in little to no downtime but create dramatic and visible results. Treatments may cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most patients find it unnecessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following your treatment. If you would like to apply makeup, allow approximately 15 minutes for the pH of the skin to stabilize before applying foundation.
Post-Procedure Skin Treatment Tips
For Two Days Post-Procedure:
- Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming.
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.
- After receiving a PCA SKIN® professional treatment, you should not necessarily expect to "peel". However, light flaking in a few localized areas for several days is typical. Most patients who undergo these treatments have residual redness for approximately one to twelve hours post-procedure.
- As with all peels and treatments, it is recommended that makeup not be applied the day of treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight; however, makeup may be applied 15 minutes after the treatment if desired.
- To minimize side effects and maximize results use the Post-Procedure Solution kit for three to five days or until flaking has resolved.
- If the skin feels tight, apply ReBalance for normal to oily skin types or Silkcoat® Balm for drier skin types to moisturize as needed. For maximum hydration, you can apply Hydrating Serum under ReBalance or Silkcoat® Balm.
- Moisturizer should be applied at least twice a day but can be applied more frequently for hydration and to decrease the appearance of flaking.
- It is recommended that other topical, over-the-counter medications or alpha hydroxy acid products not be applied to the skin seven days post procedure as they may cause irritation.
- It is recommended to delay use of trentinoin, Retin-A®, Differin®, Renova®, Tazorac®, Avage®, EpiDuo™, or Ziana®, five days post-procedure. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Use Weightless Protection SPF45, Perfecting Protection SPF 30, Protecting Hydrator SPF30, Hydrator Plus SPF30 for broad-spectrum UV protection.
- Do not go to a tanning bed for at least three weeks post-procedure. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- Do not pick or pull on any loosening or peeling skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not have electrolysis, facial injections, facial waxing or depilatories for approximately five days.
The Post-Procedure Solution Kit
Includes: 1 fl oz. Facial Wash, .25 oz. ReBalance face cream, .25 oz. Après Peel® Soothing Balm, .25 oz. Silkcoat® Balm, .25 oz. Perfecting Protection Broad Spectrum SPF30
This solution kit is designed to soothe and hydrate the skin after any PCA SKIN® chemical peel.
Use until peeling has resolved, typically three to five days. For those with more sensitive skin or after more intense treatments, consider using the post-procedures regimen for 10 days. Après Peel® Soothing Balm should only be used for seven-day intervals.
Cleanse with a dime-sized amount of Facial Wash. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Apply a nickel-sized mixture of Après Peel® Soothing Balm (0.5% hydrocortisone) and ReBalance to help inhibit redness and inflammation.
Apply a nickel-sized amount of Perfecting Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30 for broad spectrum UV protection.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary to keep the skin lubricated, protected and comfortable throughout the day.
Cleanse with a dime-sized amount of Facial Wash. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Apply a nickel-sized mixture of Après Peel® Soothing Balm (0.5% hydrocortisone) and ReBalance.
Apply a nickel-sized amount of Silkcoat® Balm as a nighttime moisturizing treatment for our skin.